NRA Defensive Pistol
Course goal: To develop the knowledge, skills and attitude to carry and use a concealed pistol ethically, responsibly, and
Pre-requisites: Student must have a 'current' License to Carry for the State they reside.
Student must have at least a basic understanding of how their firearm operates.
Course length: This course of Training is Objective based, but usually takes about 5 hours.
This basic course introduces students to the knowledge, skills and attitude involved in safely, responsibly and effectively employing a concealed handgun for self-defense. The student must learn and practice many diverse shooting skills in order to respond quickly and appropriately to a broad range of threats he or she may encounter outside the home.
As with any form of training, the skills learned in this class should be practiced on a regular basis.
What you will need to bring:
- Handgun of at least 9 mm/38 caliber (no magnums please)
** range guns are available for rent and ammunition for purchase**
- Strong side - outside the waistband holster (preferably form fitting to the gun you bring)
- 200 rounds of ammunition for the gun you bring (no magnum rounds)
- Concealment clothing i.e. vest, untucked shirt, ... (dress appropriately for current weather conditions)
- Eye and hearing protection (ball cap optional)
- At least 2 extra magazines or speed loaders
- magazine or speed loader pouch
- proof of your States 'License to Carry' - (pocket card or certificate)
|NRA Defensive Pistol .......||$75.00|
A $25.00 Deposit is required for all classes to reserve a seat.